Tuesday 24 April 2012

Scottish arrows and Spanish hallberds

I have to be honest with you. I have some hard time finding enough mojo to keep me busy painting at a steady pace. My new job can be quite exhausting and I prefer reading a good book instead of painting. I still managed to finish painting my first longbow unit, which will be full of Scots. But more about them later, when I'll have them varnished. At the same time, I've prepped an other heavy weapon unit, this time from Mirliton, in their Condotta range. The minis are just great. More info on them when I'll have them painted. This unit will be under command of a Spanish Noble, well, at least Spanish from his origins.






Je vous confierai volontiers qu'en ce moment, ma motivation n'est pas au beau fixe pour la peinture. Mon boulot est quand meme fatiguant, et j'avoue preferer lire un bon bouquin. Il n'empeche que j'ai reussi a terminer la peinture de ma deuxieme unite, qui represente des archers ecossais. Plus d'infos a  leur sujet quand tout sera termine et vernis. Dans le meme temps, j'ai prepare une troisieme unite, des hallebardiers de chez Mirliton, qui representeront des troupes venues du Sud de la France, et dirigees par un noble d'origine espagnole.

14 comments:

  1. Looks nice !
    Tu vas utiliser quelle règle ?
    Stf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ce sera pour FOG, mais je compte bien jouer egalement a ADG et Impetus avec

      Delete
    2. En 15mm, c'est totalement compatible, car il s'agit d'une base DBx, he he.

      Delete
  2. Those do look nice figures. Looking forward to seeing them painted :)

    Don't worry about the mojo - it will come back. Maybe take a break from the 15mm units and paint something else, perhaps a 28mm figure (one of your Saga vikings?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't. I'll start in a few days because it's for a painting competition with another blogger, and he's on holidays

      Delete
  3. Great start and those Mirliton do look sharp!

    Your longbow will be deadly in FoG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed they look good. And I really hope the longbows are good

      Delete
  4. @Ray and Fran: Thanks mates. And Fran, I'm still waiting for your recipe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1st time visitor...and I enjoyed the blog. Very nice paint on the troops. See you later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Spock: merci a toi. Tes Ayyubids sont pas mal non plus.

    @ Jay: glad you enjoyed it. Welcome aboard.

    ReplyDelete