Monday 23 December 2013

Medieval civilians-part two

Slightly more than 24 hours before Santa's coming. Everything is going to be pretty frantic, without a lot of painting. I have to relax a bit because I have an otitis and the medication is really strong for me (I'm not used to antibiotics). But on a lighter note, my in-laws are here to celebrate so it should be ok.



Un peu moins de 24h avant la venue de Papa Nowel. Je suppose que tout le monde va etre bien occupe, delaissant les pinceaux. De mon cote, je dois me reposer, car j'ai ecope d'une otite et le traitement est brutal pour mon systeme, car je n'ai pas l'habitude des antibios. Heureusement, ma belle-famille est la et devrait passer un bon moment.



Last week, I had sent Curt my entry for the bonus round, based on non-combattants. As you could expect from my previous post, I had some more or less ready. And indeed I went for 4 minis, one of them being apparently a Foundry (the nice maid).

En fin de semaine derniere, j'ai envoye a Curt les photos illustrant mon entree bonus pour le challenge. Bien evidemment, ce sont des civils medievaux, puisque j'en avais commence une fournee auparavant. J'en ai donc choisi 4, dont une serait une Foundry.





For those four, I wanted to add a bit more colour. At the same time, the palette had to be muted enough, to represent common people.  On each miniature, there had to be a colourful spot that would catch the eye, but no extra fancy detail or brightness: the contrast between the maid's dress and her jug, the tunique and the leggings of the merchant, or the blue spot of the baby's cloth, pressed against her angry mother, who really would like to get back home.

J'ai voulu ajouter une pointe de couleur, sans pour autant avoir une palette extravagante. Ce sont des gens du commun apres tout. Sur chaque figurine, j'ai essaye de creer un point focal colore, histoire d'attirer l'oeil, mais avec des choses simples: le contraste entre la robe de la serveuse et son pichet, les collants du marchant, le lange du bebe... J'ai la encore utilise pas mal d'encres et de lavis en complement de la peinture plus simple. Sans que le resultat ne soit exceptionnel, je ne suis pas mecontent.








Then again, I used a lot of inks, but also some more basic painting, finished with washes or glazes. Without being exceptionally proud of them, I like what I did.


Have a nice Christmas everyone, and see you in a few days / Joyeux Noel a tous!

18 comments:

  1. Très beau travail, joyeuse fin d'année, et soigne-toi bien!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Très beau travail de peinture !
    Joyeux Noël ... même si les antibios sont incompatibles avec certains excès festifs !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work Seb!

    Santa - can I have that young lady in my stocking? I've been a good girl, honest! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little birdie told me you'd be naughty. Very, very naughty :0)

      Delete
    2. Tamsin tttttt.

      Merry Christmas to you too.

      Delete
  4. That was a nice bit of work Seb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyeux Noël à toi et aux tiens. Soigne-toi bien. Je vois que tu as une jolie infirmère (Noël)...
    De mon côté c'est rhino-pharyngite...

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy noel...comme on dit dans le boucheaunois

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haaaaan, j'avais raté cette entrée, c'est bien chouette tout ça ! Tes "bêtises" m'ont donné envie de peindre des péquenots Foundry et je m'y suis mis, du coup... :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like them..another "must get" set :-D

    ReplyDelete