Thursday 1 March 2012

Romans or Sassanids?

Yes, this could be my brain thinking out loud about what my next army could be. But I can't be that stupid, I already have 2 projects for this year and a weakness coming ( French for CWC), so no that'll be all. In fact, I've now started painted a new unit for my friend Ludovic. Yes, I know, another one: I think he bought all the minis to get every possible option from the FOG army list... So now I'm supposed to have started som clibanarii. The problem is... he bought some Sassanids, and mot proper Roman clibanarii. Shame. The hard part comes from the horses' protection, which is here as smooth as possible. How can I reproduce a metallic armour then? Well, I used GW chanimail, followed by a highlitght in Silver. THe bronze parts were done in... Vallejo Bronze. Then generous wash in Badab Black, and I also added some black paint where needed ( hair, beard, horse mane...). I should start the detailling tomorrow. See ya.




Le titre du post pourrait etre la discussion agitant mon faible petit cerveau embrume, et hesitant sur ma future armee a peindre. Je ne peux cependant pas car j'ai suffisamment de projets pour l'annee, avec un krakage qui se profile de plus en plus... Bref. Non, il s'agit simplement de la nouvelle unite de l'armee romaine de Ludo, qui j'ai l'impression a pris de quoi faire toutes les options du livret d'armee FOG. Il s'agit pour moi de peindre des clibanaires, qui, tout le monde le sait, etaitent des cataphractes chez les Romains. Or mon bon Ludo a pris des clibanaires... sassanides. la difference? Le caparacon etait metallique chez les Romains, et en tissu rembourre chez les autres gus. Bref, je me suis bien pris la tete pour savoir comment rendre un aspect metallique suffisant. Du coup, j'ai tout peint en Chainmail puis eclaircissement argent, puis lavis de noir. Et j'en ai aussi profite pour faire les bronze et noir partout ou je le voulais. A demain pour la suite.

5 comments: